Tuesday, March 15, 2011

If I don't start it today, it will never get done tomorrow.

The more I thought about some "me" projects that I didn't start last week the more I realized why.  It wasn't the scope of them, it was the fear of taking that first step.  A fear that paralyzes us all in doing things for ourselves.

Once I stopped thinking and started meditating, I realized the simple truth of my situation.  That taking that first step would get rid of all that fear I had of actually taking it.  That alone was a reason to start.  

I didn't even have to explore the fear.  Who put it on me and why was of no consequence. Where it came in to my past was irrelevant.  What I knew is that once I got rid of that layer of fear, the projects themselves would be easy.  It made me start to laugh. After all, who am I afraid of?  Myself?  They're my projects, being done by me, for me

Besides, I thought, if I don't start it today, it will never get finished tomorrow.

So here I am tomorrow, laughing and unafraid, with my personal projects under way.




Simple truth

No comments:

Post a Comment